How to Find the Best Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Contractors
When it comes to your home’s exterior, you want to make sure that everything is just perfect. And what better way to finish off your landscaping than by adding some beautiful low voltage landscape lighting? Not only does this add a touch of class and sophistication to your property, but it also provides extra security and safety during the darker hours of the day. There are a number of reasons why you should hire low voltage landscape lighting contractors for your home.
Here are few reasons why you should choose low voltage landscape lighting:
- Low voltage landscape lighting is more energy-efficient than traditional outdoor lighting systems, so you can save money on your electricity bill.
- Low voltage landscape lighting is safer than traditional systems, and it’s less likely to cause fires.
- Low voltage landscape lighting is more durable than traditional systems, and it will last longer.
- Low voltage landscape lighting adds a touch of sophistication and class to any home.
- Low voltage landscape lighting provides extra security and safety during the darker hours of the day.
To find a reputable contractor to install your low voltage landscape lighting system, you first need to do some research. Here are a few tips:
- Check out customer reviews on Google and Yelp, or ask friends and family members for referrals.
- Chat with the contractor over the phone about price quotes, warranties, and the installation process.
- Ask for pictures of previous work, and inspect the area where the contractor plans to install your system. If you don’t like what you see, look elsewhere.
- After speaking with a few contractors, you should have a good idea as to whether or not they’re professional and reputable.
- Ask for references, and speak with past customers before making any final decisions.
During the installation process of your low voltage landscape lighting system, you need to be patient. Here are some things to expect:
- The contractor needs at least a few days in order to quote prices, formulate plans, and schedule the installation.
- You’ll need to prepare the area before the contractor arrives to install your system, which includes digging holes and laying out wires.
- The installation itself can take up to a few days, so you should plan accordingly by clearing your schedule for this period of time.
- The lights need to be calibrated in order for them to work properly, so you may need to come back multiple times after the installation is complete.
- During the first few days, you’ll need to check on your lights frequently and ensure that everything is working properly.
During the first few days of having your new low voltage landscape lighting system, there are a few things you need to know:
- The lights should shine for eight to twelve hours straight, but they also utilize a photocell sensor that will turn them off after the sun goes down.
- The photocell sensor won’t activate if it gets cloudy or stormy outside, so you may need to turn your lights on manually.
- You can set up a timer that will automatically turn the lights on at dusk, so you don’t have to worry about doing it yourself.
- It takes some time for new lamps or bulbs to “burn in”, which means they need to be lit for a few days before they’re at full brightness.
- During the first month, you should inspect your low voltage landscape lighting system frequently to make sure everything is working properly. If any repairs or adjustments are needed, now is the best time to get them out of the way quickly and easily! Low voltage landscape lighting can be a great addition to your home, and the right contractors can help you get started. With their expert help, turn your outdoor lighting into an aesthetically-pleasing work of art!
2014 Edgewater Dr #105, Orlando, FL 32804