Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Installation Tips
Low voltage landscape lighting is a type of outdoor lighting that uses less electricity than traditional landscape lighting. It is perfect for homeowners who want to add curb appeal and security to their home, but don’t want to break the bank on their electric bill. Low voltage landscape lighting installation can be done in a day or two and is much less expensive than traditional lighting. Keep reading to learn more about low voltage landscape lighting and how to choose and install the right system for your home.
There are many benefits to using low voltage landscape lighting. Some of the most popular include increased curb appeal, added security, and improved functionality.
Low voltage landscape lighting installation tips.
These tips will provide you with the knowledge to properly install your low voltage lighting system, which can be completed in a day or two and is much less expensive than traditional lighting. Remember to go Low Voltage!
- Before you purchase your low voltage landscape lighting system, it is important to have a plan. You need to know where you want the lights and how many you will need. It is also important to consider the wattage of the bulbs. The higher the wattage, the brighter the light, but also the more expensive it is to operate.
- Once you have your plan, it is time to purchase your materials. Most home improvement stores sell landscape lighting kits that include everything you need to get started. If you are purchasing individual components, make sure they are compatible with each other and that the voltage is correct for your area.
- Now that you have all of your materials, it is time to begin the installation. Start by determining where you want the transformer to go. This is usually near an outlet, and needs to be placed in a dry location. Once you have determined the placement, bury the transformer box and connect the wires.
- Next, install the stakes for the lights. If you are installing fixtures with a stake, make sure the ground is soft enough to drive them in. If it is not, you can use concrete or sand to help secure them.
- Now it is time to install the lights. Begin by connecting the wire from the stake to the fixture. Then, connect the black wire from the transformer to the black wire on the fixture and do the same for the white wire. Make sure all connections are tight and secure.
- Once the lights are installed, it is time to test them. Turn on the transformer and check each light to make sure it is working properly. Once you have verified that they are all working, you can finish up by burying the wire and putting any finishing touches on your landscape design.
Low voltage landscape lighting is a great way to add curb appeal and security to your home. By following these simple low voltage landscape lighting installation tips, you can have your system up and running in no time!
2014 Edgewater Dr #105, Orlando, FL 32804